The Following are Answers to Commonly Asked Questions:
- Design and colors of Club insignia, vests, or uniforms may not be altered in any way, and may be purchased through the chapter Quartermaster. Uniforms will consist of a blue or white shirt with Red Knight insignia on the left sleeve and the National Flag on the right (LI-Chapter FD Shirt May be substituted, navy blue or black trousers with or without a red stripe down the out seam, and the red vest with Red Knight insignia on the back.
- Chapter dues are set by each individual Chapter. See your chapters schedule or By-Laws for specific details.
- A Constitution and By-laws will be established by the Long Island Chapter, pursuant to the rules set forth, based on and not in conflict with those of Red Knights International, and shall be submitted to the International Executive for review.
- The Long Island Chapter will elect a charitable organization to support.
- Chapter members may come from different fire departments or industries in the area, and retired or disabled members are welcome.
- Social Members may be the spouse, or significant other partner of an Active or Associate Member.
- Honorary members may be any person actively supporting the Chapter in the community, or as a Special Honorary Member, a Chaplain. Honorary membership may not exceed 10% of the Active membership.
- See the membership page for further information.
- The Long Island Chapters monthly meetings are held on the last Wednesday of each month.
- Meeting locations vary based on the availability of the fire houses of our membership
- Each months location and directions will be announced on the Events Page of the web site once confirmed.
International Organization Information
- There is an International Convention held the 3rd weekend of August each year which is hosted by various Chapters throughout the North America.
- Your Chapter President or designated contact person will receive communication from International and a newsletter will be distributed twice each year.
We look forward to welcoming you to the Red Knights International Firefighters Motorcycle Club, Inc.